Friday, February 24, 2012

Staying on track while on vacation.

I recently went to Las Vegas with my mom to see my family.  I told myself I was going to be good while endulging a little....  Though I did well at times, I also gained 4 pounds in 3 days!!!  After reflecting on what I did, and didn't do, I came up with a list of Do's and Don'ts for going on vacation and staying true to your new lifestyle changes.

DO's
-remember your goals
-bring your own snacks and foods so you're not tempted with unhealthy ones
-treat yourself (responsibly)
-continue to work out (window shop, hike, swim in the hotel pool, use the hotel gym, etc)
-carry water with you everywhere
-Have Fun!

DON'Ts
-make multiple trips to the buffet
-skip working out all week/weekend
-eat every bit of the 8 course meal! (try every course though)
-let your family and friends tell you "you're on vacation" "calories don't count here" or "you're too thin already"



After my 4 mile hike in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment