Sunday, January 1, 2012

Counting Calories

I try not to get crazy about counting calories, but I like to keep track of everything I eat in a day and look at it's nutritional value.  It's good to check in a make sure you're eating a balanced diet...good fats and carbs, enough protein to support your muscles, and plenty of vitamins and minerals.  At the same time you of course want to be avoiding too much sodium, bad fats and carbs, and going too high in calories.  It's scary to see how many calories can be in some of your favorite foods, especially when eating out!  My favorite new way of doing this is by using the app My Fitness Pal on my iphone.  You can also keep track of your exercise and water intake.  As of right now I think it only shows calories burned for cardio, but you can track strength training as well if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment