Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recipes I love!

I try a new recipe every week.  Most are for dinner and lunch, but I also make snacks as well.  This week I've made an adaptation of a snack cup recipe I found on Pinterest.  I changed up several of the ingredients to make the snack healthier and all natural!  I'm calling them....

Sweet Snack Cups

Ingredients:
(for 1 batch, double for 24 cups)

Dry
1 cup Thick Rolled Oats (or any kind of oat meal)
1/2 cup almond (slices or chopped)
1 cup dried mixed berries
1/4 cup raisins
1 Tbs flax meal
1 Tbs wheat germ
2 Tbs raw sunflower seeds

Wet
1 Tbs Earth Balance natural buttery spread
1 Tbs agave nectar
1 Tbs Pure Maple Syrup
(you can substitute honey for either of the previous ingredients)
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350
Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
Spray mini muffin pan(s) with olive oil/Pam
Heat wet ingredient in small sauce pan and mix well
Pour wet ing over dry ing and mix well
Spoon mixture into muffin pan and press into pan with spoon
Decrease heat to 300
Cook Sweet Snack Cups for 15 minutes
Remove and let cool 15-20 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack for 15 minutes.


Approximate nutritional value per cup:

Calories: 118  Fat: 4 g  Carbs 19 g 


Coming Soon!

Green Smoothies!

Quinoa & Shrimp Salad

Veggie & Bean Soup




No comments:

Post a Comment