Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Need some inspiration?

An inspiration close to me is my mom!  In February 2010 I got engaged and my mom decided she wanted to lose weight for my wedding and get healthy.  I never imagined the transformation she was going to make!  My mom's weight had been up and down since I was a kid and she was notorious for drinking a lot of Pepsi and having a limited diet of fried foods and few fruits and vegetables.  My mom chose Weight Watchers to help her loose weight.  Her original goal was to lose 50 lbs.  Today she has lost almost 90!  Here is a picture of my mom shortly after she began her journey in our new house Sept 2010.
Today my mom has introduced salads, fruits, and water to her diet.  She rarely drinks sodas or alcohol and also limits fast foods.  My mom walks on her treadmill several times a day and also walks her dog around the neighborhood and at the dog park.  Here she is at my wedding in May 2011.
Since that picture was taken my mom has continued to lose weight and stick with her WW points and exercise.  She is now in the maintenance phase, but continues to lose pounds and ounces here and there!  Everyone is so proud of her success and continued dedication!  When I'm thinking I want to give up I remember if my mom can loose 90lbs I can loose 10 and get toned up!  Here's a more recent picture of what my mom looks like from September 2011, about a year after she began her lifestyle change and about 80lbs down.
(next she needs to quit smoking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment