Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snacks

I mentioned earlier I try and eat 3 light meals per day and 2-3 healthy and filling snacks.  Lately I've been on a homemade trail mix kick.  My current recipe is as follows:
2 cups Vanilla Almond Flax Plus Granola
1/2 cup raisins
1 package dried apples (shredded in food processors to make smaller pieces)
1 package mixed dried berries
1 small pkg whole almonds

I mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then separate equally into little baggies or containers.  It's roughly 250 calories per serving, but as you can see it's a decent amount of trail mix!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing. I will also try this out.

    Take the test Your Health Quiz and find out how healthy you really are? I have taken the test and enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete